Unable to generate pipelines

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Hello I have probably some silly error with  PipeLineBuilder. I replaced prefious official version with the new one. Addin starts with VS.NET nicely, but after setting all values after clicking OK, following error message appears:

System.InvalidOperationException: Please build the contract project before attempting to generate a pipeline.

at VSPipelineBuilder.Connect.buildPipeline(PipelineConfiguration config, Action`2 reportProgress)

at VSPipelineBuilder.Connect.Exec(String commandName, vsCommandExecOption executeOption, Object& varIn, Object& varOut, Boolean& handled)

Well I used previous one, so I tried to rebuild, clear, check paths, but nothing helped me. Original PipeLineBuilder worked just fine on this solution.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Martin 

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Try having the default settings for the output of the libraries or otherwise prodoce, if you are able to, a solution attached to the message, with a reproducible solution.

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Also, this is what would throw a null ref exception before or something similar. Since I haven't yet found the exact command to rebuild the selected assembly, which I could potentially invest time in, you have to build it before. What it does is that it looks for the output directory for the MyContracts.dll file, and if it can't find it, it throws this exception telling you to rebuild it. I'm not sure how this can cause this error, so it would be nice to have something I can reproduce if there's reallt a big problem with it.

Jun 30, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I am afraid that is not the case. All is build correctly (original PipelineBuilder generated code without any problems related to that issue). I will prepare an example solution to reproduce this case after returning from my vacation.

Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Hi,

Did you ever finish a repro that I could have a look at?

Thanks,
Henke

Aug 31, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Hi Henke,

Thank you for your interest, but after some time I decided to implement my own plugin system (reasons were control and no dependency on anyone). Therefore I do not use PipelineBuilder any more. I was feeling frustrated by all that MAF,  MEF or whatever it will be next .NET Framework release. But thank you for your work on PipelineBuilder! It is essential tool to get MAF working.

Regards,
Martin

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Hi,

had the same problem and solved it by making the assembly name that has the contracts the same name as its project in Visual Studio.